Monday, July 27, 2009

OH MY.

All of the tear out is done!
We did run into some live, on-the-wall wiring with no idea how to turn it off. None of the breakers seem to do the trick. Oh, and also the live natural gas lines attached to the interior wall with handy little valves. The landlord gets to solve those two challenges. So. That means we are done with tear out except for the awful carpet over the glued down carpet from the 1960's. I was going to paint the ceiling before we started that little adventure BUT, my Amazing Demo Guy tore it out, cut it up and tossed it out before I even had a chance to say, "what are we going to do with all this garbage?". He's pretty awesome. So my next job is tsp and an old floor mop for the walls so I can go in with KILZ and fresh paint. His next job is the floor-remover-sander-thingy. On the floors, of course. I'm thinking by Monday I might have a couple "mid-way " pictures.

Ahem. That August 1st date is going to come and go. But hey, a girl's allowed to be an
optimist.

2 comments:

  1. Julia - I can't wait to see the space! Let me know if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kayce! Most of all, we need to shave about 10-15 degrees off the temprature so I can paint ;-) How are you all doing in the heat? Was thinking about you today.

    ReplyDelete